About Catalent San Diego
Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, preformulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing.
At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
As a key member of the client relationship team, the Proposal Lead is responsible for project management of the proposal process, including leadership of cross-functional teams to scope opportunities and gain key stakeholder review and approval, as appropriate. The role also includes the pricing and generation of proposals, to deliver quality and on-time Quotations to Clients in partnership with the Business Development team.
- Drives the proposal process and liaises with Project Management, Business Development, Commercial Operations Director, Technical Management, Clients, and Management/Key Stakeholders on the generation of, and pricing for, Quotations/QARs.
- Leads communication between functional areas of the organization (i.e. BD, Project Management, Technical Management, Operations, Quality, Finance, etc) to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality Quotations/proposals. Proposals are expected to be accurate and executable in terms of technical scope and meet costing/business margin targets.
- Works with all Operations and Commercial functions to determine the most optimal and cost effective manufacturing/analytical methods and to request pricing on any additional items to support quotation generation, as needed. Utilizes approved value pricing tools in place for quotation generation.
- Communicates directly with client contacts; leads and participates in client meetings, to support the Proposal / BD process. Participates in on-site client visits as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively and professionally in accordance with the RTP CS process and to support or lead CS objectives.
- Works with Commercial Operations Director, BD, Technical Management, Operations, and Finance to produce optimal value pricing solutions.
- Maintains pricing and client specific templates, as well as dedicated customer pricing, as appropriate. Is aligned with key clients as assigned and participates in team meetings with key clients as appropriate.
- Assists in improving cost productivity between original Quotation/proposal vs. actual, and in line with business objectives.
- Collaborates with all sites within the ADT business unit to maximize existing experience, knowledge, and resources.
- Supports other ADT sites, as appropriate with Quotations/QARs.
- May lead, with guidance, complex quotations requiring discussions and input from multiple locations or business units and senior Catalent leadership, including Legal.
- Manage strategic clients.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives to reduce cost and improve efficiency and service levels for both internal and external clients. Leads and participates in process improvement projects.
- Life Sciences Bachelors degree (or equivalent) or business degree, or equivalent work experience-Min. 1-3 years+ industry experience.
- Proposals, Business Development, and/or Project Management experience is preferable, but not required.
- Prioritization skills and managing multiple projects.
- Technical background and ability to communicate scientific concepts preferable.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Client related experience and good client facing skills - drives to meet, and indeed exceed, client expectations, both internally and externally.
- Good communication (verbal and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Problem-solving skills, mathematical abilities/finance skills.
- Self-motivated and able to lead, follow-up and drive Quotations/QARs to completion, with coaching and support as needed.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, etc.
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank-you